Monday

Provence Party

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love an excuse to host a party.  So when my married friends and I started a monthly dinner group, you can imagine how excited I was when it was my turn to host!
I want to share this dinner party as an example of how simple it can be to host a fabulous supper in style and stilettos ah!
The key is to plan ahead and decide on a menu that can be prepped days before and requires little hands on time during your party... for example a cheese, fruit and nut platter for an appetizer and slow cooked meat for your main...



I decided on a Provence theme because, well, I'm obsessed with the south of France! The food, wine, culture, language, men, style, architecture, cobble stones, surf, music, all of it!

Provence Party Menu
Appetizers:
Cheese Plate

Tomato Tarts

Artichoke Tarts

Dinner:
Slow Cooked Lemon Chicken in Garlic and Thyme
over Saffron Rice

Rosated Broccoli and Garlic with Basil, Parmesan and Pine Nuts

Ratatouille with Homemade Pesto 

Dessert
Lavender Madeleines with Honey Creme Fraiche


 Set the mood

  • Offer your quests a glass of wine when they come in.  Simple say, "I just opened a bottle of wine, can I pour you a glass?"
  • French music on Pandora
  • Savorying Provence, cookbook on my coffee table
  • Olive tree to add a little nature
  • Little bowls of olives and rosemary marcona almonds


No comments:

Post a Comment